All of the scholarship awards listed will be made at the CT HOSA State Leadership Conference (SLC) on March 22, 2017 with the exception of the Shirley Bradford Serafin Scholarship, the recipients will be notified in June 2017. Please make sure that you and your students are registered. REMINDER: Deadline for registration for the SLC ends next week, Wed., Feb. 22, 2017.
CT HOSA Scholarship
- $200 -- Deadline: Postmark by March 1, 2017 Open to all high school seniors in good standing.
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Please visit www.mcphs.edu, and contact Christina Cormier, Assistant Director of Admissions, Admission Office, MCPHS University (Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science) 179 Longwood Avenue, Boston MA 02115. Phone: 617.732.2164 Cell: 857.321.9036 Fax: 617.732.2118 or email@example.com
Shirley Bradway Serafin Scholarship
- For incoming Nursing Students regardless if they are HOSA members or not--Applicants must be a resident of one of the following Connecticut towns: Pomfret, Putnam, Thompson or Woodstock ONLY.
- Must enroll in a registered nursing program at a accredited educational institution located in Connecticut, Massachusetts or Rhode Island
- Must demonstrate financial need
Apply on line at www.CFECT.org/scholarships. Complete before the deadlines below:
March 24, 2017: current college and non-traditional students
April 7, 2017: high school seniors
Notifications of Awards will be announced in June 2017! In the past, awards were between $1,000 and $10,000 per year for 4 years. If you know of someone that knows someone who would qualify to receive this scholarship, please forward this opportunity to the appropriate people. Note they have one for adults (current college students and non-traditional students) and one for high school seniors.
CT HOSA Competitors in Sports Medicine and Public Health
Scholarships for individual winners for the Sports Medicine and all team members from Public Health who take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Scholarships are from Johnson & Wales University (JWU). Johnson & Wales University has four campuses located in Providence, RI; Charlotte, NC; North Miami, FL and Denver, CO)
The scholarships can be used at any of their four campuses, for any major. However, for those interested in majoring in Health Sciences*, they are currently only offered at the Providence and Denver campuses. It also has a graduate-level Physician Assistant Program in Providence, RI. (1st place =$1,000, 2nd place = $750 and 3rd place = $500) All are renewable for up to four years of study, making their total values $4,000, $3,000 and $2,000 respectively.
For more information about their Physician Assistant please go to: https://www.jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=30064771855 * Health Sciences: JWU expands its academic programming in the area of health through the 2016 establishment of a College of Health & Wellness. The college is home to the new Health Science major, as well as the Master of Science program in Physician Assistant Studies that the university began offering in 2014. The College of Health & Wellness’ program offerings join the growing list of JWU health-related majors including culinary nutrition, biology and psychology.